These hats have been trending all over the place so I finally gave in and made one! And ya know, I love it! I opted for stripes just to jazz things up a bit and I think you’ll love my way of doing the ribbing along the bottom, it’s so simple! I opted to use single crochet and half double crochet stitches because they are a bit tighter than others which will leave you with great coverage and warmth. It drops down to the -30s here so coverage and warmth are top priorities! Here goes!
-Various yarn (I used Caron Simply Soft)
1. sc chainless foundation = 30sts, sl st to join and form a circle (careful not to twist!).
2. ch 1, hdc around, sl st = 30
3. ch 1, 2sc around, sl st = 60 (change colors)
4. ch 1, sc around, sl st = 60
5. ch 1, *2hdc, 1hdc in next 5* around, sl st = 70
6. ch 1, sc around, sl st = 70 (change colors)
7. ch 1, sc around, sl st = 70
8. ch 1, hdc around, sl st = 70
9. ch 1, sc around, sl st = 70 (change colors)
10-27. *Repeat rows 7-9*